Scientific Name : Petunia x hybrida
Common Name : Spreading Petunia
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Spreading, Upright
Spacing : 12 - 24" (30 - 61cm)
Height : 16 - 22" (41 - 56cm)
Width : 30 - 60" (76 - 152cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Pelleted.
Big, bold 3D colour!
Extend your season with this strong finisher. Tidal Wave is the “go-to” for pros and home gardeners looking for fast colour. Hedge, vine or impressive groundcover – Tidal Wave does it all! These fast-fill plants spread out across big spaces, and they crawl along and over walls and fences.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 6 to 8 weeks, Summer 4 to 7 weeks
Height, spread and spacing:
- Largest and most vigorous of the Wave petunia family, Tidal Wave plants provide super-size colour in big spaces, and are suitable for large city baskets and plantings.
- Excellent landscape performer with terrific recovery from rain. Unlike other petunias, Tidal Waves stay together.
- Recommended in Wave branded packaging: 8-in./20-cm pots.
Growth habit is based on how closely plants are placed – the closer the spacing, the taller the plants.
- Spaced a minimum of 12 in./30 cm apart, Tidal Wave petunias form a dense, mounded hedge, 16 to 22 in./41 to 56 cm tall.
- Grown in a restricted space with support, they grow an extra 2 to 3 ft./61 to 91 cm upward, like a vine.
- Spaced up to 24 in./61 cm apart in the garden, the plants make a floriferous groundcover, spreading up to 5 ft./1.5 m across per plant.
All-America Selections Winner