Scientific Name : Leucanthemum x superbum, Chrysanthemum maximum
Common Name : Shasta Daisy
Blooming Season : Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded
Height : 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Width : 8 - 12" (20 - 30cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
More uniform for more saleable plants
Send better-looking containers to retail with Madonna! It offers better uniformity in height and habit over its seed counterparts, plus, it’s an excellent alternative to vegetative leucanthemum that doesn’t need vernalisation or have a risk for bacterial infection. The result is picture-perfect containers on the bench and in the store.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 10 to 14 weeks
- Madonna offers better uniformity in height and habit over the competition.
- Compact, first-year-flowering F1 shasta with a critical daylength of 14.5 hours is an alternative to vegetative varieties that doesn’t require vernalisation and has no risk of bacterial infection.
- Features excellent vigour and leaf quality for optimal finishing in quarts to large containers using multiple plugs.
- It also offers a reduced percentage of “too small” plants compared to standard seed varieties.
- With a larger percentage of saleable plants, Madonna requires less labour for harvesting and grading.
- Up to 15% of petals may have laced-edge petals for a unique look.
Fleuroselect Gold Medal