Scientific Name : Capsicum annuum
Blooming Season : Summer
Plant Habit : Upright
Spacing : 18 - 24" (46 - 61cm)
Height : 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
Width : 24 - 36" (61 - 91cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
Type : Sweet
Class : Corno
Habit : Large, tall, vigorous
Fruit Colour : Green to red
Growth : Indeterminate
Fruit Size : 5-6 in./13-15 cm long x 1.5-2 in./4-5 cm wide, 2.5-3.5 oz. (71 to 99 g)
Days to maturity from transplant (green) : 60-65
Days to maturity from transplant (ripe) : 80-85
Production Method : Field, Protected Culture
- Corno-shaped pepper has outstanding crisp texture, rich flavour and more sweetness than large-fruited peppers.
- Fruit is often seedless, which means less preparation time for chopping and cooking; great on the grill or baked stuffed with cheese.
- To produce seedless fruit, grow it in isolation from other (non-seedless) pepper varieties.
- If it is not isolated, it will produce larger, great-tasting fruit with just a few seeds.
- Best grown in-ground with support of stakes or a cage.