Scientific Name : Osteospermum ecklonis
Common Name : African Daisy
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring
Plant Habit : Mounded
Spacing : 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Height : 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Width : 14 - 20" (36 - 51cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 10 to 12 weeks, Autumn 7 to 9 weeks
- “Sow easy, so awesome”: The most compact seed series matches or surpasses any vegetative series for easy, no-pinch production; terrific uniformity and top-selling colours.
- Delivers 5% higher germination than competitors for higher yields – it’s the best seed-grown osteo for both habit and seed quality.
- Excellent branching assures better pot fill and great bench-to-garden performance.
- Well-suited to mechanized production and high-density programs.
- Plants branch without pinching; all colours flower within a 7 to 10-day window across the Akila series and no vernalisation is needed.
- Full, well-branched plants are drought-tolerant once established.
First multicolour segregating mix includes popular colours like yellow, magicians and rose-reds, as well as purple, lavender, creams and whites.