Scientific Name : Lavandula stoechas
Common Name : Spanish Lavender
Hardiness Zone : 7a - 10b
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded
Spacing : 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Height : 7 - 9" (18 - 23cm)
Width : 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Raw.
Make the change to seed L. stoechas today!
Professional-quality L. stoechas Bandera is an excellent seed option for this class. This compact, bushy, no-pinch plant has great flower power just 11 to 14 weeks from transplant, and it’s quick to finish compared to the vegetative options. Plus, no pinch means less production time, making it an all-around perennial winner.
Plug crop time: 6 to 7 weeks
Transplant to finish: 11 to 14 weeks (28 to 35 weeks overwintered, only in high light/low humidity areas)
- Professional-quality seed L. stoechas series produces quality comparable to vegetative varieties.
- Compact to medium habit with good branching and uniformity – easily fills 4-in./10-cm pots to gallons.
- One to three weeks earlier to flower than the competition.
- Flowers heavily to almost cover the plant.
- Short harvest window – fits bench run programs.
- Long-flowering and self-cleaning with good secondary flush of flowers.
- Holds dense, mounded habit in the garden without falling open.
- A “Gateway to Gardening” variety for young shoppers – great nursery and grocery store impulse item, gift plant, indoor potted plant.
Brings a unique, strong, deep purple colour from seed. It complements the series, offering the same strong colours found in vegetative varieties.