Scientific Name : Impatiens walleriana
Common Name : Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded, Upright
Spacing : 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Height : 14 - 18" (36 - 46cm)
Width : 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure : Shade, Partial Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Coated.
Shine more light on colour for the shade with NEW lighthouse mixes
We’re introducing NEW 3-colour Beacon mixes named after well-known lighthouses in locations where Impatiens downy mildew has been a significant problem. These have been trialed and approved to grow well together and look vibrant in the shade, and they offer high resistance to the widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara destructor, the cause of Impatiens downy mildew. All three mixes are suitable for packs, pots, hanging baskets and in-ground beds.
Beacon Impatiens will continue to help “shine the light” on lesser-known diseases by supporting a different charitable organisation each year with a percentage of sales. Visit beaconimpatiens.com for more details.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Beacon impatiens exhibits high resistance to the widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara destructor, which cause Impatiens downy mildew (IDM).
- Beacon impatiens offers the opportunity to bring back into production a well-known, in-demand, easy-to-grow and versatile product for increased sales.
- Extensive trialing has proven that Beacon impatiens provides genetic high resistance to IDM. Beacon is not immune to IDM; there are scenarios where preventative IDM fungicides may be recommended.
- Beacon impatiens is easy to incorporate into production planning.
- Fast-filling, season-long colour for gardens and landscapes.
Inspired by Sanibel Lighthouse, Sanibel Island, Florida, USA. Includes Bright Red, Orange and Violet Shades.
Medal of Excellence Industry's Choice
Medal of Excellence Reader's Choice
Protection Information : CA PAF; EU PAF; US10,285,362; US11,166,424