Scientific Name : Begonia interspecific
Common Name : Interspecific Begonia
Blooming Season : Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit : Spreading
Spacing : 12 - 20" (30 - 51cm)
Height : 6 - 10" (15 - 25cm)
Width : 20 - 27" (51 - 69cm)
Exposure : Shade, Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Pelleted.
Unique begonias to complete your program!
Hula Spreading Begonia is fast to fill in landscape beds, creating a blanket of high-impact colour! Adding Hula to our portfolio allows us to expand our offering of begonias that look great on the retail bench! Hula also looks amazing in hanging baskets and mixed containers, for an opportunity to offer a more premium product.
Plug crop time: 6 to 8 weeks
Transplant to finish: 5 to 7 weeks for Spring timing
- Hula is a unique spreading type of begonia that is highly branched and covered in flowers.
- Its trailing habit is perfect for baskets and containers.
- Provides an instant performance advantage for landscapers, with masses of flowers showing on top.
- The series is daylength neutral and it is the earliest interspecific begonia to flower, with timing similar to BabyWing®.
- The high number of flowers provides great colour impact.
- Hula starts to spread at an early stage, and along with early flowering, it provides growers with a high-quality, attractive, salable plant that is covered with blooms at retail, in both hanging baskets and smaller pot sizes.
Features a bicolour pattern that can vary under different conditions.