Salvia Big Blue Wins “Best New Annual Plant Introduction”
New Salvia Big Blue from PanAmerican Seed® won the “Best New Annual Plant Introduction” Award at the South West Growers Show in Exeter, Devon, UK. This prize was awarded by The Commercial Greenhouse Grower and collected by Steve Rudhall, one of the Technical Sales Representatives of Ball Colegrave, Ltd.
Steve Rudhall receives the award for Salvia Big Blue.
Ball Colegrave grew Salvia Big Blue for the show, and they were delighted to receive the award on behalf of PanAmerican Seed for this fantastic new seed-raised Salvia.
"It is a real beauty and will certainly standout in large premium colour pot sales for the UK Summer Patio market," according to Stuart Lowen, Marketing Manager of Ball Colegrave. "The name says it all! Salvia Big Blue is exactly that – a vigorous flowering annual in a sales-inspiring clear blue colour."
The first of its type from seed, this big beauty will pump up mid-Summer sales in large containers. Super easy and super showy for home gardeners, parks and landscapers for back-of-the-border plantings, Big Blue sends out blue spires continuously from July to first frost with little to no extra care.
Key features include:
- Big, vigorous plants with intense blue flowers.
- Adds height to garden borders and containers.
- Great for early Summer sales.
- Fills out quickly and flowers continuously until first frost.
- Low maintenance – plants do not need deadheading
- Heat tolerant and very attractive to bees and butterflies.
- Suits a 1 to 2-litre pot.
- Height 24 - 36" / 61 to 91cm; spread 18 - 20" / 46 to 51cm
Be sure to contact your preferred supplier to place your order of Big Blue Salvia today.