More Wave® Display and Selling Tips
Once your customers meet Wave Petunias and Cool Wave Pansies, they’ll be hungry for more! Keep the momentum building with these simple ways to win with Wave.
Change out your Wave colours and varieties regularly
The Wave brand offers multi-season sales. Be sure to rotate basic colours with more novel colors throughout the selling season.
Plant Wave at your facility to show ultimate performance
Plant Wave at your facility to show ultimate performance. What better way to bring in shoppers than with near-the-road Wave displays?
- Plant a low-growing landscape bed of Wave Purple around your entrance sign or along your driveway.
- Place Tidal Wave trailing over a wall or against a fence.
- Display mature containers and baskets with the Wave family throughout your retail area.
Host in-store events with Wave.
- Saturday Samples: Send your customers home with small quantities of the newest Wave colours.
- Team Tie-Ins: Set up a display of Wave petunias supporting school colours or local sports teams.
- ‘Wave & Wine’: Host an upscale wine tasting party in your garden center, and have team experts show to pair Wave Petunias and Cool Wave Pansies for every gardening taste. You may even partner with a local wine store to share the evening and potentially add new customers for each business.
- Wave Pre-Orders: Many of your customers already know, buy and trust Wave. Offer them the opportunity to place their orders ahead of time and reserve their Wave plants. Your customers will have a choice of the widest colour selection, and you will learn more about their Wave petunia preferences. You can even make Wave pick-up day a store event!
- Wow Wave Containers: Create a beautiful centerpiece to display all week and then raffle it off. Place a box and entry slips nearby — this is a great way to stir up excitement and build your customer mailing list. Mature containers on display are also great living examples of how to use Wave petunias and inspire new business.
- Host Your Own 'Waveinar' Demo: Choose your most talented "combo creator" on staff, set up a potting bench in a prominent position, and show shoppers how to plant their own containers.
- Staff Favorites: Follow the lead of bookstores and wine shops with simple signage that tells shoppers what your staff prefers and why.
- Community Plantings: Connect with your town or city by donating Wave Petunias and Cool Wave Pansies for public beds in parks, around civic buildings or schools, or in front of your local hospital.