Seed supplied as:
First year, 18 to 24 in./46 to 61 cm; second year and on, 30 to 36 in./76 to 91 cmSpread:
First year, 14 to 22 in./36 to 56 cm; second year and on, 20 to 38 in./51 to 97 cmPlug crop time:
5 to 11 weeksTransplant to finish:
9 to 15 weeksIt’s tough as…STEEL!A perennial first:
Grow high-quality, affordable Perovskia from professional-grade seed. Blue Steel has higher and much more uniform germination than other seed varieties so you’ll grow top-notch plugs easily and efficiently. No vernalisation or overwintering is needed, so production time is slashed. And grown beside leading vegetative varieties, you can’t see a difference.
- Sturdy, controlled habit in the landscape is comparable to the vegetative leader.
- Aromatic, silvery foliage carries clouds of small blue flowers on strong silver stems that do not break or split easily.
- High flower show rate with 1 to 3 plugs per 1-gallon container or 3 to 5 per 2-gallon container.
- It’s affordable to use multiple plugs in each pot and always finish with huge retail appeal.
- Pinch for optimal branching.
- Heat/drought tolerant, very hardy.
Contact sales for more information
Your PanAmerican Seed regional sales team is here to assist you in finding plants to fit your programme. Contact us for product recommendations.